Protect your own future
As a business owner, you have to take risks. There’s no need to risk your retirement.
Gain a competitive edge
Offering a retirement plan gives you a competitive edge when it comes to hiring.
Enjoy potential tax benefits
Plan contributions for the business owner are deductible as a business expense.
Here are some of the business retirement products and services we offer:
- Solo 401(k)*
- SEP IRA 403(b)*
- SIMPLE IRA*
- Defined Benefit Profit sharing
- Non-qualified deferred compensation*
Investing is about taking calculated risks in return for potential financial rewards that is based on your goals and what you are trying to target.
On average, investments such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds have historically (past performance is no guarantee of future results) delivered higher returns over time than interest paid on regular savings accounts. But the risks of investing compared to a savings account are greater: There is no guarantee of higher returns, and it’s possible to lose your principal (for example, the amount you originally invested).
As a result, investment professionals generally suggest that diversifying your investments based on your goals and needs should be considered. Investment planning is a lot more than just dividing your money across different types of investments. The key aspects of most investment plans, whether they’re done on your own or with the guidance of an investment professional, include:
- Outlining short- and long-term life goals and translating those goals into financial objectives (for example, how much money you’ll need to meet your objectives)
- Understanding the ways you incur debt and putting a plan in place for reducing debt if necessary
- Determining tolerance for assuming risk and establishing the time frame you have to pursue your goals
- Designing an investment plan with a diverse mix of investments (asset allocation) that can help your plan succeed. One key to successful investment planning is developing a plan that guides your investment decisions over time and helps keep pace with changes in your life and business.
Investing is typically for those businesses with a longer time horizon. You will meet with a local team of professionals to review your long- and short-term goals before investing anything for the long term. The assets that are invested will vary depending on your personal plan. When a liquidity need arises the cash will be available within 2-3 business days.
Los Alamos National Bank offers a full range of investment options. We have managed accounts, commissioned accounts, mutual funds, ETF’s, 401(K), SEP, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, individual stocks, life insurance and more.
Contact our Wealth Strategies Department to find out more about our business investment options:
Not FDIC Insured / Not Bank Guaranteed / May Lose Value / Not a Bank Deposit / Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency
Securities and insurance products are offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC (doing insurance business in CA as CFGIS Insurance Agency), member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services are offered through Cetera Investment Advisers LLC. Neither firm is affiliated with the financial institution where investment services are offered. Investments are: Not FDIC/NCUSIF insured / Not Bank Guaranteed / May Lose Value / Not a Bank Deposit / Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency
*Please refer to applicable IRS rules and regulations for additional information or seek advice from your tax preparer or accountant.