Congratulations on your decision to buy a new home! There are many important things to consider throughout the process, especially if you’re a first-time homebuyer. Here’s some information that will keep you on track.
A home purchase may be your largest financial transaction to date, so it’s important to make the right decisions and to keep an eye on the details. With the assistance of your real estate agent and loan officer, it should be an efficient, pleasant, and ultimately rewarding experience.
Count on your real estate agent to:
- Preview and present available homes that suit your needs and desires.
- Advise and execute a purchase agreement that protects your rights as a buyer.
- Negotiate the best deal for you and provide ongoing counsel during the transaction.
Count on your mortgage broker and loan officer to:
- Provide you with the service and advice needed to buy with confidence.
- Make sure you are pre-qualified as early as possible. This will put the power of financing behind you so you can concentrate on selecting your home.
- Assist you in selecting the best loan to meet your personal situation and goals. (This single decision can save you thousands of dollars throughout the years!)
- Coordinate with your real estate agent and other parties to ensure a successful outcome.
Be prepared to:
- Keep your loan officer and real estate agent informed of any questions or concerns as they occur.
- Provide documentation and make timely decisions to keep things moving.
- Stay fully engaged throughout the process until the day of closing.
- Make your move and enjoy your new home!