A better way to invest in our future
We proudly offer scholarships for students in Los Alamos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque to help reach their educational goals.
- Be a current high school, college-bound senior from one of the following high schools:
- Los Alamos High School
- McCurdy Charter School
- Home schooled in Los Alamos or Espanola
- Santa Fe High School
- Capital High School
- ECO High School (Santa Fe)
- Have submitted an application and plan to attend an accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4-point scale (or equivalent).
The following materials must be submitted in order, as listed below, and can be stapled or paper clipped. Applicants must include all materials in one packet. Materials will not be returned. LANB will only consider completed applications for the scholarship.
- Fully completed and signed application form.
- Official or unofficial transcripts.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation from a non-related teacher, counselor, coach or direct supervisor.
- Personal essay that includes information on the applicant’s overall involvement with their community, extracurricular activities and plans for the future. Essay must be typed, one page and double spaced.
- Proof of registration to an accepted college or university during the fall semester of the same year the scholarship is presented.
How to Apply:
Scholarship application will be available at the end of 2018. Application and supporting materials must be hand-delivered or postmarked by April 1, 2019 to the following address:
Attn: Marketing Department
Los Alamos National Bank
301 Griffin St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Scholarship recipients will be selected by May 10, 2019. LANB will notify recipients directly and formally announce the scholarships on the LANB website and social media by May 17, 2019. If recipient’s high school has a celebration, they will be recognized at that event.